Skip to main content

Welcome to my blog!

¡Hola, Meadowbrook Families!

For those who don't know me yet, my name is Rachel Scherer, and I am so pleased to be your child's Spanish teacher! For those new to the Spanish program, Spanish meets every day for 30 minutes. We are so lucky to see each other every dayWe are an immersion program which means we speak 90% in Spanish and 10% in English. The focus of our curriculum is to build a solid foundation of basic vocabulary and memorized useful phrases. It is amazing to see the language and communication skills the children are capable of producing! Many phrases are taught with intention, however, it is even more exciting to hear students start using words and phrases I use informally in class!

Throughout the school year, please visit this blog to see updates about what we are learning about in class, as well as see photos and videos of some of the many songs, games and projects we work on together.

You can also visit my website to find vocabulary lists and games in each grade level. I'm really looking forward to sharing our learning experiences with you. Please feel free to call or email me with any comments or questions. My email is rscherer@northbrook28.net.

¡Gracias!
Sra. Scherer

Comments